About the Workshop
Youth can be the change we wish to see in the world! Transformative leadership is a model of service-oriented leadership empowers youth to develop themselves so they can best contribute to the betterment of society. Transformative leadership camps give participants a chance to work on their servant leadership skills as a way to be change agents in their communities.
The Holocaust Memorial Resource & Education Center of Florida and the Take Action Institute are hosting these summer workshops in support their vision to build a just and caring community free of antisemitism and all forms of bias and bigotry.
In person workshops
Monday through Thursday 9AM-4:30PM at
UCF downtown campus for high school students
easily accessible by road or Sunrail.
- May 30-June 2
- June 6-June 9
- June 13-June 16
- June 20-June 24
This workshop will meet with some synchronous class time and tie for students to work independently as well. The course will take about 20 hours to complete. Open to high school and college students.
- Week of July 5
- Week of July 11
- Week of July 18
- Week of July 25
- Dr Lua Hancock will facilitate the in person sessions: Over 25 years experience working in education and empowerment of high school and college students. Personal and professional coach: Lua Hancock | LinkedIn
- Jessica Kerr will lead the online workshops in July. She is an educator and the cofounder of Transformative Leadership for Youth The Team – Transformative Leadership
- TL mentors will accompany and support summer TL Youth camp participants
- Each workshop is a one-week session that is approximately 20 hours for the online format and 25 hours for the in-person format.
- There is a $50 materials fee to participate in the workshop, the workshop is free for those who attended Take Action conference 2022.
- This workshop is also free for TAI Students.